Thursday 21 October 2010

Legally Blonde

This week i went up to london to watch the West End production of Legally Blonde. I didn't really know what to expect becuase I'd never seen the film and I didn't have a clue what the story line was! Everyone who had seen it told me it was amazing and that I'd love it. They were right, I loved every minute of it! I was gutted because Elle Woods is normally played by Sheridan Smith but we had her understudy. It would have been great to see Sheridan because she really inspires me and i think shes a brillant actress.

 My favourite part of the play was when Elle Woods sang the song 'So Much Better'. I loved it so much I'm going to ask my singing teacher if i could learn how to sing it well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWFQ1h7tAQA

 One of Elle's costumes was amazing! It was her cheerleading costume but it was pink and full of glitter and sparkles. The cheerleading scene was so good! They all just burst in into the law school and it was really effective. Not one part of the show did I get bored becuase the whole way through it was energtic and always something going on. Jill Halfpenny played the part of Paulette Buonufonte and i thought she definitly had the best voice out of everyone. She such a good actress, you really believed her character.
 
I've fallen in love with the musical Legally Blonde and it would be a dream come true if i ever got to play the part of Elle Woods!

1 comment:

  1. You know what, I have never had any desire to see this musical ... until now! The idea of being energetic and action packed makes me want to watch it, not to mention the costume of pink glitter!! I am very pleased to see you focusing on the costume as well as the acting/singing, as this shows you are thinking about the bigger picture of performing arts. Nice write up, well done.

    P.s - maybe you could learn the song to perform in the big show you have to plan next year?!!

    ReplyDelete